Cage Jumping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a first time wabbit owner i'm not sure of proper behaviours and such so if any of my questions are a bit on the stupid side I am sorry.

Ok so what I want to know is if rabbit are know to randomly jumpin the their cages?

Taiki will just randomly jump, hit is head on the top of the cage and then settle down ORgo absolutely nuts hopping and jumping and running back and forth in the cage for about 30seconds and then stop.

Is this normal or is he just insane (at least he would fit in with the rest of the house then)?

Thanks

Jess

Rabbits can have crazy attitudes ;)

Sometimes my 2 girls will do that. It may just be for urinating or just generally sniffing around.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, we were all like you at one stage :)

When my rabbits are out, they go back in their cage alot to get a drink, go the bathroom, or eat.

Totally normal. Especially if it's happening in the early morning or late evening (rabbits' most active time of the day).

Gus loves to run around like a crazy rabbit for about 30 seconds to a minute, then he settles down and goes to sleep under the table or whatever. Sometimes he gets so carried away he runs into walls and furniture!

My only concern is that his cagemight betoo low for him, if he's hitting his head on the top when he's jumping.

Also, how much time does he get outside his cage? Bunnies need to get exercise time.

Hope that helps!

Rue

It's normal behaviour, particularly for young bunnies that are full of energy. It sounds like the cage is too small though, rabbits are very active. You need something at least 2' (60cm) tall for a rabbit and if they are spending much time confined in it then at least 4-6' long.

Back