Cage help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimoomin

Reaction score
I found this cage for sale online for $75, the dimensions of it are 1220mm wide 640mm high 620mm deep. And I was wondering if you guys think it would be worth buying it or making my own? My bun will only be in it when I'm not home. And if I built it, I could make it bigger, but I think it's already a good size. What does everyone think?

369985110.jpg

I would only use that cage if the cage door were open all day long (even when you aren't home). If an x-pen were put around it somehow to create a larger permanent area, then it could work. But that's a bit pricey to have a cage like that where the door is left open anyway. In that case, might as well just use the x-pen.

Here is a video that might make things clearer...
(don't mind the freeze frame, the video starts showing a hutch similar to what you've shown)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vvlb-prX4I&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

How big is your rabbit? The cage is an ok size, especially in height and depth, those two dimensions often seem forgotten when it comes to rabbits. Ideally obviously it could be bigger. My main concern would be the size of the mesh on the front, if it's too big for your rabbit they could get their head stuck, but it's hard to judge size based on the photo. Is it painted?

It doesn't look like a bad cage, but I'd personally go for something else or make your own.

Latest posts

Back