Cage furniture/hutch ideas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdwardForDaWeen

Reaction score
Hey guys! I recently made a thread about making things out of recycled materials....
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f14/making-things-out-recycled-reused-waste-materials-72003/

So, I decided to make a rabbit cage from a piece of reclaimed furniture that I got from the thrift store. Here's the cabinet that I'll be using...

20121212_174539.jpg

20121212_174459.jpg

I know it's small (my parents kept nagging me about not to get a large one -.-), but my rabbit is free-raged anyways.

My Ideas: I really want to incorporate "windows" by cutting rectangles and using chicken wire. Also add another floor. Possible a ramp.

These were some of the furniture cages I thought were really cool (And wish were this size :()

url

As you can see, he cut squares out of the doors, and applied chicken wires to them; and a ramp.

girlscage5.jpg

This one has pexi glass windows... and a lift-able ramp in the middle.

So does anyone have any ideas I could do with this cabinet? I really appreciate it.

How about putting what's meant to be the back, down on the floor? Then put holes & chicken wire "everywhere" except on 1 of what had been the doors. Then it can become a ramp for the rabbit to jump up in & then out. You'd need to fasten something on it to make it less slippery.

Back