Cadbury, Baloo and their babies born 10/2/12

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy

Reaction score
Here are my Bunnies and well their bunnies:)

Cadbury:
003-10.jpg

Baloo
007-11.jpg

The babies born 10/2/12:
004-19.jpg

Aww cute and congrats! Looks like you'll have a variety of colors there, wow!

Thank you:) I am hoping someone can give me insite to the colors. I am particularly fond of the little one lowest in the picture. It's top half is black, and underside is white.

They are very cute. I especially like the little broken. I have never been good at telling colors when they are this age, so can not help you with that.

I see variations of black and chocolate in there. Its really hard to tell by the picture because of the fuzziness but those blacks may turn into chestnut like the dad. Im very surprised to not see any REWs

This is there second litter, Our first one was right after we got baloo, as a FEMALE play mate for Cadbury. I still wasn't convinced she was a he, I thought maybe Cadbury was pregnant when I go her, I never researched to see how long rabbits carry their babies for, Didn't think I needed to. But I had her way longer than 31 days before Baloo came. It was only when he mated with her again now 32 days ago, at I turned him bottom side up for an exam, and low and behold there was two large jewels staring back at me. So I began researching pregnancy in rabbits.

The babies look furrier than they did last time, fatter and healther too. Last litter produced 3 kits: 1 broken chestnut male, 1 broken black female, and 1 smoke pearl female. At birth the two brokens looked exactly the same, and the smoke pearl looked pink.

I will try to get some better, possibly individual pictures of the babies tommorrow. Right now I am thinking the broken is a broken chestnut. then the two light colored ones are a light brownish color,one is solid and the other has a pink belly and underside with what looks like it will have a white collar. The dark two one looks solid black and the other has a solid black looking head, with a white chin, bottom of neck, chest, belly and inside of legs..

We had intended on keeping the little broken chestnut from the first litter but a friend of ours 9 yr old daughter had just lost their bunny she had had since she was 4. So we ended upgiving him to her.

We are planning on keeping one of the bunnies from this litter(possibly) and Mr. Baloo(formerly Baby Doll-name before we got him) is going to be visiting the vet for the old snip snip...ssshhhh don't tell him....

No individual pictures today, the lighting just isn't good. Here is one more taken today of them together, I tried to move a bit of momma's fluff to the sides, but everytime my hand went down, they started popcorning about:)
001-21.jpg

AWWW they are SOOO cute!!!!!

Oh my goodness they are adorable! !! :biggrin2:

Updated Baby pictures as of 10/7. 5 days old! Can you tell me the colors now:)

#1-Solid what ever color this is, kinda looks blue/tanish:
001-22.jpg

#2- Broken Chestnut-the brown is coming through all the black spots.
002-19.jpg

#3- Solid, Black? No other colors or shades
003-16.jpg

#4- Has white around eyes, around neck, chest and belly..the rest is a blue tanish color.
004-18.jpg

#5- My favorite, Black with a little brownish points, white around eyes, inside of ears, belly, neck, inside of legs..
005-16.jpg

I do not know colors but they are WAY to CUTE!!!

Latest posts

Back