"Cable tidy tube" would it work?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv-bunniz

Reaction score
Was just wondering if anybody had used the cable tidy tube things ( http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4147RBCBJ7L._AA280_.jpg) to put over wires to stop bunnys chewing them? we have quite a few wires in the lounge that the rabbit could get at (tv, digi box, X-box, PS2 [we are spoilt kids hehe], dvd recorder and possibly a computer wires) and we want to block them off somehow but no idea how to so I was searching online for something and this looks like the best thing that I can get local.

Those can help, so can pvc pipe, fish tank tubing, and the tidy tube can be purchased in car repair/parts stores.

Depending upon how often and how unsupervised the rabbits are - use the stronger material.

When we put those things to cover our wires, they went out of their way to chew wires. No cover, no chewing (as long as I kept enough toys and chew sticks around of course). It didn't work for me, it made things worse.

I use those, only in small bits though, where there's no choice but to have a wire at bunny height. They do work quite well in my house though!:)

The rest of our wires we keep out of the way completely- our TV is on a BIG wooden Ikea unit and the wires allcome up through the back, and we have an extension cable at each end of the sofa that's plugged in behind the sofa, and both blocks rest on end tables for our phone chargers, laptops etc so the cords don't even go on the floor.....

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Bo's favorite place in the world is behind a sofa!

Henri's too! Cords behind the sofa are the first to get attacked at my house. . . . I lost two phone chargers before I figured out how he was getting back there!

angoragrl wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:

Henri's too! Cords behind the sofa are the first to get attacked at my house. . . . I lost two phone chargers before I figured out how he was getting back there!
Aaaah, well luckily our sofa has a flat back and fits flat against the wall... so they can't get behind there! Otherwise it would be their favourite place too lol!:biggrin2:

mouse_chalk wrote:
angoragrl wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:

Aaaah, well luckily our sofa has a flat back and fits flat against the wall... so they can't get behind there! Otherwise it would be their favourite place too lol!:biggrin2:

Our sofa is flat back so the rabbits would sit with they're heads under the sofa and body hanging out lol :upsidedown:

Oh the memories . . .

Latest posts

Back