By Cali

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdellin

Reaction score
Cali left me on Wednesday. I'm not sure why. I noticed she was breathing hard, like panting early in the morning. She was fine the night before, was eating, but maybe not as much as normal.

I picked her up and she struggled to get down, like she always does. When I put her down, she kicked out, plopped over on her side and of course I got really scared. I picked her up and was going to take her to the vet, but she passed away in my arms within seconds.

I'm okay, but I miss her. I'm really shocked that she just went like that. But I think maybe she had a blockage. I noticed when I cleaned her cage out that she'd been chewing on the carpet, but there were no carpet pieces in there, so I think she may have eaten it. That's the only thing I can think of. My vet had just given her a clean bill of health a month or so ago. She didn't spend much time in the cage, mostly just in the pen outside, which I had just cleaned, so I hadn't checked the cage in awhile. My mistake.

Bye Cali... I love you.

I'm so sorry. What a sudden loss, with no signs of a problem. Sometimes bunnies hide their pain too well until it is too late.
Binky free, Cali.:rainbow:

Back