Buttons just got neutered :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amberry

Reaction score
I think he is mad at me, last night when me and my husband were giving him his pain medication he was trying to get away so hard :( and now he is getting scared when i try to pet him, and his ears went forwards :( It is breaking my heart.

Aw, I'm sorry. Is he eating/drinking/peeing/pooping normally?

Make sure you hold him really securely when administering the medicine. They can actually struggle so hard that they injure themselves.

He is eating and drinking like he usually does but hes being more destructive than normal, hes trying to throw over his water bowl and when I say no he stops but i think hes mad at me now from saying no to him so much. I think he ate some of the towel the we had put in the pet carrier for him to lay on and now I am really worried, we are going out to get some kind of rabbit lax today but I am just so worried I could cry:(

Have you ever taken a child to the doctor? You know it is the right thing but they throw a fit? (My twins are 22 but I have had my share of experience at this).

Your rabbit isn't happy. He might be in a bit of pain - but he may be confused (hey..where did those parts go??) and he may be frustrated and yes..he may be angry.

I would give him a treat or two and some time before expecting him to come to you. If you folks are the ones who took him to the vet - he may still associate you with the pain he's feeling or the way he's feeling right now.

He'll come around - just give him another day or two. He may need some space and some time to just snooze.

The important thing is that he eats, drinks and poops.

Trust me - he'll make a great recovery and you'll look back on this and realize that it turned out ok.

Peg

No I have not had any experience with children or really any other pets being taken to the vet. Buttons is my first baby ever :p but thank you it is comforting to hear feedback on this from people with more experience than me :) But what should I do about the towel mishap? :( I am scared:(

Just keep an eye on him to make sure he eats,drinks and poops normally. If any of those things slow down considerably or stop, he needs to see a vet quickly.

I know how you feel. My babies mean the world to me, too.

I keep trying to find nice soft things to put down for my girls, but they always tear up that kind of stuff. I just bought a nice soft rug for them and they immediately tried to destroy it. I just don't get it.

:dunno:

Latest posts

Back