Butterfly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcohen1982

Reaction score
I have a broken black doe that I want to show, however I have a couple of questions. She doesn't have a 'butterfly' on her nose. Is this ok? It is like have half black and half white. Also, on both of her ears she has a thin white stip going down her black ears. Is that ok? When a broken is born what do I need to look for and make sure they have or don't have? I know they have to be 50% color.

Here is a picture of her, hopefully that will help. I want to show her on Nov. 20th but need to know if she will be DQ'ed or not first.
Teme10-27-10Front.jpg

Thanks

Rachel

She has some markings in her whisker bed, so depending on the judge, she will either be DQ'd or not. Some judges don't mind it, some want the full butterfly marking. Doesn't hurt to take her though, and see what they say. ;)

As for the white on her ears, I'm not sure....:/

Has she been shown before?

Emily

BlueCamasRabbitry wrote:

Emily

No, she hasn't she just turned 3 months not too long ago. She will barely be 4 months when we go to a show. This is my first show, so I don't want to look like I don't know what I am doing and get her DQ'ed. :(

Rachel

A half butterfly is not a DQ she just needs to have a spot of color in the whisker bed. They also can have white on their ears as long as they have some color it is not a DQ. It wouldn't surprise me if she molts out the white hairs on her ears. Markings do not count for many points in mini-rex.

Also it's not that they have to have 50% color, they can't have over 50% or less than 1-% I think it is. I don't have the standard in front of me sorry.

rcohen1982 wrote:
BlueCamasRabbitry wrote:

Emily

No, she hasn't she just turned 3 months not too long ago. She will barely be 4 months when we go to a show. This is my first show, so I don't want to look like I don't know what I am doing and get her DQ'ed. :(

Rachel

I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who have shown for a while and have been surprised by something they missed. I have a pretty perfectly marked Harlequin. Not easy to come by. But I stupidly never looked as his teeth, and was DQ'd. We live and learn.

That's so true- I just had a really nice buck get dq'd for his tail being broken. No idea how it happened, but I never noticed it before the judge pointed it out!

Latest posts

Back