Buttercup won't drink from her water bottle

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup n Charlie

Reaction score
Ever since we moved her to a new cage, Buttercup (3 months) stopped drinking water from her new water bottle. We initially gave her a larger size, but she didn't take to it so we gave her back her old smaller bottle and she still doesn't drink from it.

We put a cup in there as well, but when the cup is not there she doesn't drink water at all :(

Help?

Deeply concerned,
new bunny mommy/daddy

Do you give her a salad every day? Both of mine get a nice amount of veggies and neither have much interest in their water bottles.

A friend of mine had a bunny that wasn't interested in regular bottles, so she got him one of those resorvoir bowls Petco carries for dogs and cats, and he LOVES it. Maybe give one of those a try?

rabbits can be picky.... just like us!

If she doesn't like the bottle, let her have a bowl. Sometimes when I change things around my rabbits act like they are annoyed and don't take to the change, until after a couple days then they are fine.

Get her a crock to drink from. Most rabbits don't like to drink from bottles.

maybe she prefers crocks over bottles or she is stressed and is takin rebelin my rabbit cocoanut once was stressed a her first fair and refused to drink from her bottle

Thank you everyone! She used to be just fine with the bottle and finished one bottle of water a day. But you may be right, there have been a few changes recently which is why she might be rebelling.
We have given her a cup on the side too. Hopefully she will return to her bottle soon.

Jacob has been on a little roller coaster when it comes to how he likes to get his water. At first he liked getting water from a bowl, then he changed his mind and stopped drinking water. Then I introduced his water in a bottle and he started to drink from there, then again he stopped. Then when I moved, a little water dish came with his crate that hung on the side of the crate. So I decided to use that as his water dish and he so far still loves it.

So yes bunnies are some of the pickiest pets I have ever had.

Latest posts

Back