Buttercup is getting spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be sure they give you pain medication for her. The first few days in particular she will be sore so you may have to tempt her to eat with her favorite foods.

Thanks guys! I was trying to reply last night, but the site was down ...

Buttercup is all done and we brought her home yesterday afternoon. She was quite lethargic all night and not at all hungry. A bit more energetic now. Local pet store ran out of CC so I made a homemade slush with her pellets and some water and syringe fed her a couple of times during the night. I'm going to go hunt for CC now, but if not will probably feed her some more of the homemade stuff and maybe some pedialyte? She was definitely hurtin, cus she was grinding her teeth pretty hard. I'm not sure if I should have given her metacam last night since she already got a dose yesterday morning during her surgery :? But we couldn't bear to hear her hurting for so long so we gave her a dose (0.1ml) at around 2:30am.

Now here's what we think is the bad part. She hasn't pooped AT ALL and it doesn't look like she has peed either. This isn't normal after a spay is it :? We're waiting on a callback from the vet.

:pray:

Latest posts

Back