Bunnyville

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
I have this dream that some day soon when I am more permanently settled in a place I will build this great break-in-and-out-proof enclosure for the pet bunnies giving them the chance to live in a larger community of at least 5 together. I got some great ideas from a book by a Swiss author I bought the other day. They give plans to build their enclosures and rabbit houses. Quite different from what is available on the market. Sorry their web page is only in German but I post the link anyhow just for the pictures. I'd love the triangular set up or some of those huts in an even bigger enclosure. Hopefully some day I'll be able to have this sort of set up for the buns
http://www.nagerstation.ch/gehege.htm
Just noticed that the link doesn't work here. Maybe going directly to the page http://www.nagerstation.ch and then clicking "Gehege" on the bottom left may lead you there:?

I challenged david to make one of those houses with the tubular entrance. He always gives out that I go and buy hutches when he feels he is well able to make them himself:p

My parents are always saying how they would love to have a huge enclosure for all the buns. We live on a half acre and Dad was saying if he could afford it, he'd just fence off the whole place properly

There are breeders that raise rabbits in colonies. If you do a search for "raising rabbit colonies" you might be able to get more ideas for your setup.

Ninchen from Germany had her bunnies in a colony-type setting on her deck, I think, and Cheryl from Australia has her bunnies all living together. A lot of Cheryl's are related, but they all seem to get along, and there's at least 6, probably more.

At the moment my 8 pet bunnies are split into 3 groups (2 trios and one couple) The four breeder bunnies are seperate for now as I am terrified anything may happen to them after going to so much length to get them.
If I feel more confident and experienced with breeding \I may attempt a colony setting but at the moment my ambition would be to have at least two of the groups in one setting. Unfortunately until we have our own place it will not be very likely:(

Back