Bunnysitting!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momof2buns

Reaction score
My sweet friend is going out of town this week to see her grandkids and asked if we would keep her bun baby for the week...of course I estatically said YES. Lol. I'm so glad to have a bunny friend here in town that I would trust to watch Abby when we go on vacation. So instead of paying for boarding, we are going to bunnysit each other's buns when we have to leave town. I think it's a great trade off.

What do you do when you have to leave for a few days? Just curious what you guys do.

Meet Caiman:

483040786_7dLCm-M.jpg

483040718_bvtCv-M.jpg

What Abby thinks of all this commotion:

483040644_iATXi-S.jpg

momof2buns wrote:
What do you do when you have to leave for a few days? Just curious what you guys do.
A few days (week) goes by so fast. I would find a place to hide Caiman before your friends get back. :biggrin2:

LOL!! She's loves Caiman so much that it would be hard to hide him for too long.:lookaround:shhhh: :hiding::brownbunny :whistling :waiting:

Aww he's gorgeous! I would be inclined to say that he ran away and hide him under your stairs! MWAHAHA :ph34r2

Um when I go away for a few days, Mum usually looks after them, but if she's away to I get the pet sitters in.

Oh wow! He is gorgeous!! Look at that coat! :shock:

I'm glad you have someone you can leave Abby with. It can be hard to find someone you trust, and even then you still freak out. I'm lucky enough that my mum loves the bunnies and lives 5 mins away, and also we found this brilliant pet sitter who is a trained vet nurse and loves buns too, so they get visits, playtime, feeding and cleaning out etc twice daily. My mum often stays for up to 3 hours lol so that the bunnies can have playtime! :shock:

If it were me, I wouldn't let me bunnysit Caiman! I'd never give him back! :ph34r2

So adorable! Have fun bunnysitting!

Oh and I wanted to add how lucky your friend is to have someone to watch him for her! It can be really hard, even if you only have one pet. We have a lot of animals so we have a live in caretaker who comes and lives here when we go away for even one night. Without him, I have no idea what we'd do. My hubby and I would never go anywhere together ever, that's for sure!

Wow, Caiman's very good looking!

And I think it's great that you have a bunny friend to exchange bunny sitting favours with. I haven't been able to find anyone to help me with my buns and this makes going on holidays really hard for us :(

OUCH!!! Caiman bit me today-yikes. His mom warned me that he is very territorial in his cage, I'm just not used to that. Any suggestions to fix this? I'm going to have to go do some searching in the behavior forum...

momof2buns wrote:
His mom warned me that he is very territorial in his cage
Some bunnies are like that. Bebe will always want to bite my wife when she reaches in the cage with food or to clean up the floor. But Bebe never does it to me.

Maybe you could try petting him gently or feed him a treat while he is in his cage.

momof2buns wrote:
OUCH!!! Caiman bit me today-yikes. His mom warned me that he is very territorial in his cage, I'm just not used to that. Any suggestions to fix this? I'm going to have to go do some searching in the behavior forum...
My foster, Snowball, is very territorial in her cage. I've lost chunks of flesh on more than one occasion. When I'm changing litterboxes and feeding in the morning, I take her out and put her in a carrier.

Yes, I'm definately doing that already...putting him in the carrier. He bit me again today and I was just holding him on the couch. :shame: I guess I'll just leave him alone. He obviously doesn't like me. lol :sigh:

When I first took Snowball in, she attacked me alot outside of her pen. That behaviour quickly diminished. A lot of it is learning their biting habits....and learning how to avoid them!

Latest posts

Back