Bunnyproofing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
So heres the dilemma: I have two rooms, my office and my bedroom. If I let Ivory loose in my office, he'd disappear behind my computer and require me to get a new cable or two. If I let him loose in my bedroom, he'd start chewing my extension cord to which my radio, lamp, cell phone charger, and phone are attached.

Pictures of the problem areas:

tn_102-0207_IMG.jpg

^^ office

tn_102-0211_IMG.jpg

^^ bedroom

so I wanted to look up those NIC cubes, and printed out some pictures of those two areas, and of the cages some of you built with the cubes. My dad and I went to Target to see if we could pick them up, and after the guy stared at the pictures for a while, he pointed us to exactly what we were looking for. 23 cubes and connectors for 20 bucks, cant get much better than that :) (i dont think...i thought it was a good deal, dont steal my glory :X)

After much plotting and procrastinating, heres the solutions that I came up with:

tn_102-0213_IMG.jpg

^^ office

tn_102-0217_IMG.jpg

^^ bedroom (outlet-in-a-box ;))

now I just have one more problem area. Theres another way to the wires behind my desk (actually 2 ways). Each way is a slit about 4" wide, as high as the desk goes. Ivory being the houdini he is is able to squeeze through it (yes i realize he's actually skinnier than the average human). I'm thinking of just getting a piece of wood to put in it. Any suggestions?

What did you guys do for bunnyproofing?

The NIC box is a good idea. I have a Internet Wireless deal that I might use that for.

I bunny proofed using hoses. I only have one room reliably done now, so I have to close all the doors when I let out my bun.

That's some good bunnyproofing there! Best advice ever is to watch the bunnies very closely too - even in an area that you think is bunnyproofed they can find ways and means to break in! Use anything and everything you can get your hands on to block off all access to wires.

Latest posts

Back