Bunny with gi won’t take her meds for nothing 😢😢

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a dwarf bun just under a year old and no matter what try’s she won’t take her meds I just got from the vets!! I don’t no what to do I’ve called multiple people “my sister, mom” for a second hand since me and the hubby couldn’t Get it done I thought maybe a different second hand she’s not used to daily! and still my bun just goes nuts ! The towel burrito nothing works !! I don’t no what to do because ino Shen needs these meds for gi!!! Any advice?! My next stop is to see if I can pay the vet and drive there daily “40”mins away! To have them administer it to her ! As I don’t no how they get it done!

There are some different tips and tricks to try on this link below, that might work for your rabbit. Some people have luck putting it on food their rabbit likes. I usually just hold my rabbit in a gentle but firm C hold at the back of the neck/head with one hand, and the rabbit backed and braced against my body, and quickly stick the syringe into the side corner of the mouth and squirt.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Medicating_your_rabbit

How have you tried to give the meds?

I put the rabbit on my bed, form a cave with the blanket 2/3rds of the size of the rabbit, and put in there backwards so it can't back up. I hold the head firmly with one hand, and insert the syringe tip from the side behind the front teeth and give 1-2ml at a time pretty fast, or as fast as it swallows it.
I think there are quite some videos of different methods on youtube.

If a rabbit is still eating I put the medicine on a little mushed pellets mixed with oatmeal.

Latest posts

Back