Bunny with bad eye, UPDATE from February

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last february I posted a topic about a baby bunny, 3 weeks old that, yes had an abcess in its eye. The reason is STILL undetermined, but I just wanted to tell all of those who replied to it, that were snotty, that you need to stop judging others. I am not a bad breeder cause I couldnt afford to take her to the vet. She's three weeks old, and recently I found out, that the vet would not be able to even treat her. We cleaned her eye out, and two days later it was completley clear. We waited 2 months before selling her, I am not a bad breeder. I didnt sell her the first chance I got, I sold her to my sister (actually bascially gave her to her) and told her about her past, she keeps an eye on it. Everyone assumed since I didnt respond, that I got offended and that I let the rabbit die. This is not the case. I found a BETTER place for help and advice. Its a yahoo group, where breeders help breeders. Let me also add, that it wouldve costed us, $150 to take her to the vet, and still, nothing wouldve been done.

Let me also add, to prove Im not a bad breeder, that we received a rabbit from a breeder that had a bad bite wound on her back. the lady did not take care of it, and when we got it, within two days a bad abcess formed, and formed another on her belly. We took her to the vet, and the vet took our $75 dollars and told us there was ntohing he could do. She was too far gone. And that he could put her down, or we could ourselves. We didnt let that get us down. We immediately bought penG and put her on a treatment. And as of now, a month later she is completely recovered. Her back is a little bruised from where we had to squeeze to drain the abcess but other than that, she is a great rabbit. The point is, stop judging those, who dont have the money to take the rabbit to the vet everytime is sneezes, pr catches it's toe in the wire, and so forth. If you'd read up, and talk to breeders you'l know there is simpler solutions and treatments that are inexpensive, and they would be what the vet would do anywyas. I came on here, cuase I didny even reemmber this group, and got an email. I read what others said about how I was a bad breeder and shouldnt be breeding and so forth, and that the rabbit would die.

Im stickign with my yahoo groups, where they can offer help, and they do know their stuff. in fact, the main person in the group is a vet. Im trusting his advice over all of yours combined. So this is to all of you who criticized me and so forth. Stop acting like you are better just because you can fork out a few hundred dollars on an animal that might not make it, vet or no vet.

Danielle

Feel free to email me, Ill be up all night people! you can email me personally too at princessdpunk at yahoo.

Here is the original thread...

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=32536&forum_id=16&jump_to=426463#p426463

I think we're all pleased as punch this little baby pulled through.:yahoo:

And honestly Danielle, re-reading the thread, especially since you say you came from another board that was REALLYgiving you a hard time, most of the posts here gave sound alternative advice about cleaning out theeye,but also said it looked bad enough (from the outside) that it may be beyond self-treatment. I'm sure everybody who posted couldn't be happier that it was indeed treatable and the little bunny has a great home with someone well aware of the previous problem and able to keep an eye on it.

This site is not anti-breeder, we certainly understand (as a policy) that all our member do not have access to vet care and that breeders cannot always have vets treating all ailments, it's just not fiscally feasible, and to that end you have to rely on the experiences of others,feed store drugs, etc.

And we honestly don't care where you learn from, we're just happy to see breeders and pet slaves who care aboutlearning.

Good luck to you and your rabbits. I think at this point they're in good hands! :goodluck

sas:bunnydance:

I'm so glad the baby turned out ok after all and glad you found a place where you feel you are comfortable getting help. I'm on several yahoogroups for breeders - so I understand what you mean.

Thanks for updating us on the baby!

Latest posts

Back