Bunny with a limp

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassnessxox

Reaction score
When I took my little boy outside for a run today I noticed he had a bit of a limp. At first it was very noticeable as he wasn't touching his foot to the ground at all. After a minute or two he started hopping almost normally he just seemed to hold his back left leg a little closer to his body than normal.

I picked him up and had a feel around, it didn't seem to bother him or be tender at all but I'm not really sure what I should be looking for. Seeing as he is touching his foot to the floor but carrying his leg closer to his body could it be a hip problem? He doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain but I don't want it to become more serious, should I be concerned or just keep an eye on him?

He is just over 4 months old. He does get over excited and try to leap out of my arms when I take him outside every day, but today he was oddly calm which makes me think he injured himself last night or something.

Looks like it is his thumping foot, silly thing keeps thumping with it anyway then proceeds to hop away being a bit cautious with it. It's really hard to tell, looks like he is hopping normally most of the time, and I feel like I am second guessing myself trying to catch an obvious limp. Maybe it is just a slight pain and if he rests it he will be ok soon. Poor bub should stop thumping with it and maybe he will recover a bit quicker!

Latest posts

Back