bunny went from grooming to humping my hand, is this normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baffling

Reaction score
was giving my bunny a usual massage and in turn he grooms me. But today he humped my hand!

was giving my bunny a usual massage and in turn he grooms me. But today he humped my hand!

Oh my god, that's hilarious !
What a cute bun you have. How old is it and is it fixed ?

Definitely normal if he is not castrated, lucky you haha

Sounds hormonal. He is claiming you as his prize. It may be cute but it could be just the start. He may start spraying you with urine to mark you. Probably time to look into neutering him.

Oh my god, that's hilarious !
What a cute bun you have. How old is it and is it fixed ?

so sneaky of him to pull such a fast one on me haha. he is around 6 months old, not fixed.

Definitely normal if he is not castrated, lucky you haha

your bunny is perfectly normal

Sounds hormonal. He is claiming you as his prize. It may be cute but it could be just the start. He may start spraying you with urine to mark you. Probably time to look into neutering him.

do they often trick owner into a grooming session before that...?

i read stories of bunny not surviving neutering surgery :(

It just so happened you were there and so he did it, it will get to the point that he will seek you out to do it, and might even get nasty if you try to pull away.
If you use a proper rabbit savvy vet the risk of anaesthetic death is less than 1% - the risk of contracting testicular cancer and other hormone related diseases if he is not neutered are even higher. Plus it will make him easier to litter train, and a much friendlier bunny.

Latest posts

Back