Bunny very 'naughty'

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk

Reaction score
hi there, i just neutered my bunny 3 weeks ago, cos he trying to mate with my female bun.. but since then he is stillvery horny...:(he keep chasing her all round and try to mount on her.. but she is way too big for him :p.. any advise and when will he stop??

Thanks

:yeahthat:

He's going to have hormones for a couple of months. It takes a while for everything to leave his system. And he can impregnate a female for quite a while after the neuter.

--Dawn

Dogs are the same way, with spraying and humping, also if you waited "too long" it may be too late to change behavior patterns. How old is he?
I know with dogs its also a dominance thing. Does anyone know if it is for rabbits?

no she is not, but dun worry cos of their sizes diff. he always do it on top of her head only... dun really get a chance for rear entry...:peven if so it is only on her body. Anyway they have their own cages. it just during play time he keep chasing her stressing the female bun...but she shakes her tail at him while running away from him...:?

If I were you I would separate them until his hormones are gone. I don't think size differences always stop bunnies, and it would be really unfortunate to have baby bunnies you arnt ready for.

Even if baby bunnies isn't a problem, him stressing her out might not be good for her anyway. It wouldn't be for very long, and it might be better in the long run.

The size is no matter, Holland Lops "Dwarf Lops" where created from a Netherland Dwarf buck, a French Lop doe, English Lops and lots of years of breeding, but is all started with a 2-3 lb buck and a 11-13 lb doe. Size is no matter.

Give him time to become sterile and then do not worry about it. If they do not get along then they will just have to stay seperated. Not every pair/group will work and not every bunny wants a friend.

Wait a few more weeks and try again, but keep in mind it is very common for rabbits to hump to work out dominance issues (fixed or not) when they are in the early stages of bonding. Watch for signs of affection such as grooming and snuggling. As they bond, the humping should subside.

Latest posts

Back