Bunny Trance

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A piece of advice from everybuns Uncle Buck

You might try [highlight= rgb(255, 255,136);]trancing him on a table top while being heldin your arms, to provide additional support. I often use apicnic table, with a towel or two, to act as cushioning.

Sometimes, you have to be forceful, persistent, and quick to stroketheir heads from nose to ears in a soothing manner. Remember,you are the Alpha Bunny in Charge. Even if you don't quite feel thatconfident, attempt to "project" that feeling.

Cooing in a high pitched voice, like one would talk to an infant, often helps.

Choose an area to trance him that is relatively quiet and free fromnoises and distractions like TV, radio, traffic noises, householdclatter, etc.

Buck

Try using his favourite treat. Also think inyour head, that your going to pet him and not pick him up. Rabbits knowwhen you are going to pick them up, so think of something different

You might want to try throwing a towel over yourbunnyand putting your bunny in a bunny burrito. I have thefastest squirmist bunny in the whole world! Then you can take out onepaw at a time once she/he has been tranced.

Bunny burritos are a life saver! When my bun wasabout 4 months, we had to give him this sticky creamy oral medicine. Itwas hell trying to give it to him, so we wrapped him up, nice and snugin a soft blanket, and layed him on my lap. He didn't budge (but hestill was being a little brat and wouldn't take the medicine, so cutelol!)!
So try that. Is the bun really young? It might be harder to trance ababy. Or maybe he's not use to being held. I've been succesful at it bylaying the bun on his back snug between my legs while sitting on achushy chair (but not too close to the edge of the chair, in chase hepops up right away and falls off). Or even just laying him,while I'm sitting down, on top of my legs, cradling him that way.
Good luck! It might take some practice and him getting used to your arms to work.

He is 4 months. Today I tried picking him up andat first he kicked like crazy, so I let him down. After a couple oftries, he got used to it and even liking getting carried around. I gavesome treats for doing such a good job! I am really happy on how it hehandle it.:)

Latest posts

Back