Bunny Toy Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eve

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just have a quick question about some toys I bought my bunnies for Christmas.

I have been looking for untreated willow or wicker balls for mybunnies, but the closest thing I have been able to find here is caneballs.

I have bought these from a pet shop and theywere labelledasferret toys. They look exactlylike the ballpictured below.

canelm6.jpg

I was just wondering if cane toys are safe for bunnies to chew on andeat, as I couldn't find anything about cane items being safe when doinga search.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Is that a ball in the middle? I'm not sure,because if they chew through the wicker it could be a hazard dependingon the size of the ball inside. Is there anyway to take the ball out?

If the toy is for ferrets and made out of willow, it should be fine.I'm just worried about if they chew a hole through it and get the ballout.

Hi Spring,

Thank you for your reply :)

The toy is not the same toy as the one pictured, I was just refering tothe outer part of it, there is nothing inside the ones I have.

My concern is that they are not made of willow, it states on thepackaging that they are made of 'cane', and I wasn't sure if cane issafe for bunnies.

Hi Spring,

Thank you so much for taking the time to research this, you are absolutely wonderful and I really appreciate your help. :kiss:

I looked up the "dumb cane" which you mentioned, andI foundthe following information about it: "Ifa leaf is chewed, thecrystals cause a burning sensation in the mouth and throat; swellingcan occur along with a temporary inability to speak". So I highly doubtthey would use this for making ferret toysandamhoping it is made from something different.

I won't give the bunnies the balls for Christmas though, I will just hang onto themuntil I am sure they are ok.

Thank you so much for your help and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Latest posts

Back