Bunny stealing cat food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwigbunny

Reaction score
In my new place I give the bunny free roam in the kitchen, which is also where I feed the cats twice a day. I have noticed the bunny pushing my cat away from his food bowl or sharing an edge and eating cat food. If the cat is hogging the whole dish the bunny will bite the cat on the tail until he moves. I've had to feed the bunny at the same time as the cats or remove the bunny while the cats eat.

Anyone else have this problem or do I have strange animals?

hahaha i too have caught my rabbit eating cat food, although she didn't bully her way to it she just ate it when the cat wasn't near by. I tried to explain to her bunny rabbits do not eat meat ;) (she did it anyway =) )

Cat food really isn't good for rabbits. While a few pieces probably won't cause an issue, a rabbit should not be allowed to eat the cat food.

I would feed the cats somewhere where the rabbit can't get the food or put the rabbit in another room while the cats are eating.
You can put up a small fence around the cats bowls. The cats should be able to jump over and get the food but the rabbit will not be able to.

Latest posts

Back