Bunny snuffles, does it go away on it's own?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeman455

Reaction score
My bun has had sneezing fits every once in a while for the past week. She eats, plays and poops as usual. There seems to be moister on the fur under her nose, but nothing gross.

Is there a chance of the sniffles going away on it's own, or can this only be treated with medication?

thanks in advance ;)

Is there any real life/death danger when taking everything I typed into consideration?

I read that this "pasturella" AKA SNUFFLES can turn into pneumonia. Is there any chance of that happening in this case?

I was told by a vet that if the discharge is clear, not to worry. If it turns milky or yellowish or anything other than completely clear, then it is an infection and needs medicine.

My bunny was having sneezing fits for awhile, but no colored discharge. Then one day, she had a sneezing fit and (sorry, gross) out came a string of mucus that was milky in color. That's when we got medicine to clear it up.

Yea clear is fine as long as its truly clear. If you can flip him and check his nose that would be good. But it could be allergies to something or just random sneezing. Mine do it if they get water in their noses

woahlookitsme wrote:
Yea clear is fine as long as its truly clear. If you can flip him and check his nose that would be good. But it could be allergies to something or just random sneezing. Mine do it if they get water in their noses

Agreed. Not only that, check your buns "handkerchief" on the inside of the two front paws. If that's clean then its good news.

Latest posts

Back