Bunny sneezing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redthunderrabbits

Reaction score

I have a problem with my Holland lop doe she is sneezing a lot I brought her inside andTRY a keep any wind off her when my fan is on in my room. If it's cold out my room is heated but her sneezing seems to be getting worse. Is there anything I can do to help her? she's my baby. Thank you for all of your help

Sheprobably has an upper respiratory infection, needs a vet visit for a culture of any discharge and the appropriate antibiotic.

let us know if you need a list of new york vets

It could be a URI like angieluv suggested, and it could be dust/allergies. If you've changed the hay type recently, it may be a dustier hay that is irritating her nose. Some people shake their hay out before use. I've heard of using a big rubbermaid tub with lots of holes drilled in it to shake out the dust, or just shaking out the whole bale outside pretty vigorously to get the little pieces out.

Is there any discharge coming out of her nose? If it's white or a milky yellow/green she most likely has snuffles. She could have gotten something stuck in her nose or is responding to allergies.

I'd recommend keeping her inside and keep an eye on her. Wash your hands after handling her. Make sure she is eating, drinking and pooping normally.

If the sneezing continues for a couple of days I'd take her to the vets.

It probably warrants a vet visit within the next week or two, just to rule out infection or a tooth issue. Sometimes the tooth roots can grow up into the nasal cavity and cause nose problems as well.

I hate to down play your advise up to now. I have a Holland Lop boy who is about 5. He has his sneezing attacks sometimes too! He is fine though. All I can say is if there is NO discharge, that is a good thing, same with our bun. So, I would moniter very closely if there is any discharge and comment here so we can all benefit from your expirience too. But, like I said, as far as I have had with Snuff, he has his sneezing expisodes, but no discharge, so no URI. If anything changes from that, that might indicate a problem. Let us know about the discharge color, if any color exists, I would head to the vet for sure!:)

Keep us posted!;)

How old is she? When did the sneezing start?

Any other changes in behaviour? Any wheezing? Watery eyes?

Any changes in housing, food or environment?

sas :?

Yeah, try to rule out the "allergy" thing, but making sure that hay thingys aren't flying about and what not. Fur isn't flying as well. Keep us posted on this, it sounds like it could be allergies, or an allergy to something.

Latest posts

Back