Bunny Shedding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsdesigns

Reaction score
My rabbit Suri is really shedding a lot right now. I had a whole mound of fluff come off of her yesterday. I've been combing her, but it seemscombing makes it worse. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the shedding less?

This seems to be a horrible year for moulting.

You can't make it less because it all hasto come out but you can obviously help it along the way.

What type of fur do yours have? i.e. what breed is the bun?

For mine I just pluck them gently and get most of it out that way.

This link on brushing and grooming might help. http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=28114&forum_id=17

If your bun is having a mega moult then it is also worth checking you can see new fur growth. If you can then that's probably normal and fine, but massive moulting can indicate problems (such as external parasites, internal parasites, stress, etc)

Ah, so plucking might be a bit difficult because of how short her fur is. I wonder if something like stroking her with something like a damp flannel might work.

Another good way to do this is to get your hands wet and run them through the fur. All the loose fur will stick to them. Then wipe your hands off on a towel to get the fur off, re-wet, and repeat! With rexes, overgrooming them to the point of bald or irritated spots is possible, so some of the brushes aren't great. For instance, my favorite brush is the Zoom Groom, which is made of rubber and acts like a fur magnet, but our member Bo B Bunny has a rex and she has overgroomed him using that type of brush.

Latest posts

Back