bunny relationship

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasspack

Reaction score
Hello,

For those of you that have had bunnies for years, do you think your bunnies know you from the other humans in the house? Just curious, that if they like humans, do they like all humans?

Thanks
Alice

Teddy can definitely tell the difference between me and other members of my family. She absolutely HATES my mom, only time I've ever seen her grunt/lunge was at my mom. Actually chased her out of our room once. She loves me, she runs up to greet me when I walk in.

Oh for sure, without a question yes. Their very demeanor changes when my husband walks into the room. They are instantly on guard because they don't know who he is.
And then a total stranger? They go into spook mode where they jump at everything.

But when I walk imto the room it's like they are like, hey, come over here! Lemme out! Do you have a treat? :)

My bunnies hide when other people come to see them. With me they don't. So yes, bunnies can tell their "mum" from others :)

Agreed. They know who is who.

One peculiar thing: when our dog barks at the front door, my Sapphire will get on alert and hop halfway toward the dog to see who's coming. I think she thinks she's a watchbun.

Not only can they tell the difference on sight/smell, I've found Tippy can do so over the phone, as well. I'll put my partner on speaker phone and Q will run over to the phone to look for her. I've done that with other people as well, to see how she'll react, and she doesn't care at all if it's anyone else. She knows who her mommies are, that's for sure!

I was hoping you all would tell them that they do know the difference. I thought they did. As our mini satin goes crazy over my daughter. I am hoping my new girl will be like that for me soon:pray:

Alice

Latest posts

Back