Bunny proofing.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fear71851

Reaction score
Well, been tight on money lately as it is my duty alone to take care of the rabbit, not so much cash available as i don't have a job, i have been keeping a close eye on him when he comes out, he was young and if he broke a few things it was a shot i had to take , he was young, i had to get in bonding time of course. I was not alarmed as i replaced two internet cords, i was going to bunny proof the place when i got in a paycheck from one of the various random things i do!

I sit here today typing on an old white windows 98 looking keyboard, staring at my gaming keyboard, a slit in the cord, i am 17 now, but i wanted that keyboard so bad, i saved for so long, and i have a had it a few years, something like that amount of time. I remember it was NOT IN ANY WAY a cheap keyboard, and now because i wanted to bond with my friend its dead, Doc is staring through the bars on his cage, i am sure it feels like prison.
I watched him open his mouth and i rushed to grab him, in just a few seconds, something so small cute and nice, has ruined something so expensive, maybe it is just a keyboard, that doesn't stop me from being p*ssed off.

I just looked at him again he has the same puzzled stare, almost like he knows he is supposed to be outside, i do not care he is better off in there, i am really angry with him and i do not want to hurt him.

GRRRR!!!!!

I need a cheap way to bunny proof quick because he is not getting back out!

This is not his fault, don't be angry at him. He is just being a bunny.

Part of having any animal in any area is making sure it is safe for them, that nothing can hurt them and that they can't damage anything that you don't want damaged. Unfortunately, this was your error. I have lost many things to bunnies, and thankfully the bunnies have always been ok, but you just have to learn from it because that's all you can do. I lost a £70 laptop cable and I'm on benefits so that was hard to replace but it was my own stupid fault for not putting on the £10 cable cover I bought. My hairdryer, phone charger, two phone wires and many more things besides have fallen victim too.

If you are not able to bunny proof your room, is there any way to maybe enclose him in a space he IS safe in? Maybe get a pen or something to attach to his cage and have him just in there? I would think you would be able to get a cheap/free one from somehere like craigslist.

our computer desk had to be completely boxed in. Oh yeah, don't forget to tuck the chair in--that lead to a new sound system and printer cable replacement. Totally our fault--always expect a rabbit to be a rabbit. Amazing what can be done with a lot of cardboard and a little PVC pipe.

My rabbits are in my computer room. It used to be the computer room and now it's the rabbit room. Before I went all out bunny proofing the place I bought a $54 dog pen fence thing and ran it like an L shape in the room so the buns were in, the pcs were out. It was big enough for me to go in and play and hang out with them. That way I was happy and so were they. It was a pretty large area fenced in, just had to make sure I fastened the ends of the pen panels to somethig secure so theycant get out.

I understand it's hard. Try to think past it. Is your keyboard worth getting into a bad relationship with your friend? He didn't mean to do it. He was just being rabbity :( my buns have chewed up money, literally. I left a check on my desk and I put Toby there for a sec, nextthing you know he's nommed the piece of paper :( As bunny owners we just have to be mindful of these things.

You can look for used pens on craigslist. They are pretty cheap used.

Ahh i forgave him, *watched him Binky in the floor* How could i stay mad at something so cute, he doesn't have to be contained, im going to get some cardboard tomorrow so i don't have to worry. im glad i didn't get mad at him, he is my buddy i don't want him mad at me over something so stupid. i just needed to calm down, thanks guys, for keeping me from mucking up my friendship with doc, no more. I have to remember that despite what you say.... doc is not a rabbit...
Doc is my family, and i don't want him hurt, mad, or sad from someone who loves him, i am supposed to be the one he can trust, i am just glad hes not mad at me, i love him, thank you guys so much.

Even if he ate a 999999$ keyboard its just a keyboard, doc is alive and i love him, way more than some keyboard.:)

Awwww that is so sweet. :) :) :) I'm so glad you thought it through. Doc is so lucky to have a friend like you to care for him. I'm sure he will be binkying a lot with you. He's cute!

Back