bunny proofing new room HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flagrl

Reaction score
well i am getting all settled and ready for simba to come up to the place i am staying at. i need a few suggestions. how do i get simba to stop chewing on the baseboards? if there is such a thing cause no matter what i get him he will chew the wall before any of that. and im trying to get most of the plug-ins blocked off which i found in the past to be next to impossible if he wants in there. i barely got my mom and step dad to let me bring him up here. i have to find a new home for my kitty :( they wont let me bring him up:cry1::bawl: so i have to try to make him be super good or at least hide all the temptations as he is a rabbit and you cant blame him but i mean i barely got him to come up. so i think my step dad would freak out if he saw chew marks on my base board. also is there some kind of smell deorderizer for the room. he dont really stink but sometimes his pee does and my mom and step dad said no smell or he is gone. anything so just want to be extra careful. also i have carpet. he sometimes chews on the rug he had in my old room. any suggestions about that. i think there is wood floor underneath but i kinda like carpet but if it has to go it has to go.

Ok, so to start, buy NIC grids, and line your walls with them. That should discourage baseboard chewing.
Second, is he neutered? That will eliminate any hormonal scenting he does. If he is altered, the only way to make sure he doesn't stink is to do your part and clean out the litter box every couple of days. I use stove wood chips, I only put about an inch on the bottom, and a 40lb bag is 4 bucks. And it doesn't stink, ever really.

Since you have carpet, you have the option to either put down rugs, or train your bun to not dig on the carpet. Does he have other stuff to do? Cardboard houses, diggy boxes, tons of hay to eat?

i will look into the nic to line the boards. he is not i was going to get him neutered next in febuaray but i will have to look into it up here. he used to pee on the bed but stopped once i let him sleep up there with me which is a good thing. i have a cardboard house for him. how do you make a diggy boxes?. and yes he has tons of hay to eat. where would you get the stove wood chips. i have just been using newspaper and hay. i clean it out about 2-3 days. and i try to clean his litter box everyday but sometimes i get to busy or tired and forget. but will be more strict about it now. thanks for the reply

You can get wood stove chips from your local hardware store, just make sure it doenst say Accelerent added.

Back