Bunny poop...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyMei

Reaction score
Whenever I pick up my bunny Lennie too fast, he craps himself. Often times I have to pick him up quick because he runs as soon as I get near him. It smells really bad and I'm not sure what to do for him to stop crapping himself. I don't think he's scared of me because as soon as I come near his cage, he stands up or runs to the front of the cage. Any advice?

I KNOW YOU! XDD Hiii Alexa. It's Bailee. Obviously.

I have no clue what to tell you bout that, I never experienced or heard anything about that before. Buuut. Someone will come around and help c:

I see this is your first post. Welcome to RO!

Hmmm... regular rabbit stool shouldn't smell bad. What does the poop look like?

It's pretty much mushy.

sounds like cecotroph. Some of ours lay around and are so well fed that they don't recycle them--they do somewhat stick to their fur, so we have to be careful when picking them up or else there is more laundry to do. Rabbits have two kinds of poop--the one mentioned above looks sort of like corn on the cob, is very dark, greasy looking and does have a smell to it. Then there is the regular little dry round "beans" which they normally drop everywhere--our eat a lot of hay so those are round, dry, and hard. If the stool isn't super loose it just may be that it is normal and that it is just sticking. Some of ours go in their litter pans for everything and others drop bits everywhere.

I have a question on bunny poop too. My bunny usually has football shapped poops and they are hard and healthy and the vet says, but recently, she has small circular ones. We only give bottled water and she has moist hay that she loves. Should giving her a little papaya help? We have been giving her romaine and a few carrot slices and banana slices lately, just small pieces. Should I stick to just hay for now until we see a difference?

Latest posts

Back