Bunny on our doorstep!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When my husband came home from work today there was a box outside our condo. It looked suspicious cause there was a weight keeping it closed. To his horror inside the box was a very scared REW lionhead. I came home to this mess and am very mad! This bunny had been owned by some creepy people down the hall. We had actually provided food and offered to take the bunny if they could not care for her. Well the night manager says that today was there move out date as they were being foreclosed on. The last time I saw this poor bun she was skinny (still is) and had been dyed hot pink. Now she is not pink except on her flanks and behind her ears. Her foot pads are dirty black for some reason. Her teeth are also broken as the girl who owned her had clipped them herself with a pair of nail clippers. I sent Jason to wallmart for a cage and we will figure out what to do from here. Now if she will just stop thumping :(

I have no clue. These people were a "problem". The condo was owned by a man who let his young son take it over. He was in his early 20s and he was taking in street people. We live in a nice building but for about six months were seeing a lot of shady people hanging around down the hall. One day this girl (early 20s) asked me to look at her bunny cause she had seen us with Fraggles. That's when I met this little girl and heard about her poor teeth for the first time.

*you know we want pics asap* :p

Poor little girl! I'm so glad though at least they "gave" her to someone who knows about rabbits....but my gosh, how irresponsible!

She is much better off with you, the bright side...they at least had enough sense to take her to your place although it would have been nice for a,Hey remember when you said you could take her first. Poor girl

Poor bunny! *huggles* Hope you can get her healthier and happier soon-glad she's got you all to take care of her! What does Fraggles think of the new bunny?

Wow, that is the saddest thing I have ever heard. I dont understand people who dye their animals. I have a few people in my neighborhood that dye their dogs...it makes no sense. I hope the bunny is ok, and we all know she is in good hands now. PICS PLEASE!!!

Urg. What nonsense. At least they remembered your offer to take her in though and gave her to someone who knows what she's doing. How is Fraggles feeling about the new addition?

Sounds like it might take awhile of getting her back into healthy, happy tip-top shape but if anyone is fit for the job you are! If you decide to take the poor dear on, that it. We all know that you will do the right thing.

Pics :)

Poor little bun. At least they didn't just leave her in the condo to die. People like that make me crazy. She's much better off with the two of you.

I imagine you will be getting a million foot flickies for this though from Fraggles. :)

I will post pics soon enough. I just don't wanna stick the camera in her face just yet. She thumped all night long. She has a appointment with the vet tomorrow. She is being kept in our room away from Fraggles at the moment. She had been turned loose in the living room with Fraggles in her cage. After we stuck this girl in our room we let Frags out and she had to rechin everything.

It's so good of you to take this little one in.....even if it was kinda forced on you.

And what's up with people dying their buns pink???
The same thing happened to Ivory's Candyfloss.

I bet the black feet are from having newspaper as bedding/litter.

oh yeah....almost forgot......

ttiwwop.gif

Poor baby, i'm so glad you have her now where she will be safe and well taken cared of. I can't wait to see pics. I love lionheads.

Awwww :( Poor bun! I'm so glad they gave her to you instead of letting it go outside or something. Hopefully she'll figure out soon that your place is safe and things will get better for her soon.

Back