Bunny okay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy Bunny

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have an 8 week female lionhead/mini rex rabbit. She's been fine, eating normally and pooping but last night when I went to check on her in her cage, she was just sitting there oddly. I took her out and noticed that on her sides, in front of her hind legs (think top view, her sides) it seemed like a hard bump. Pretty big too. I tried to feel around the area, definitely felt something hard. She got mad at me for feeling her up (haha), but other than that, she hopped around, went to the bathroom, and when i put her back in her cage she went straight for the food. I then came back to check on her again and she was sitting in the corner sleeping. Anyways, i googled everything and couldn't find any good info. So 3am I went to sleep and I just checked on her now and the lump/bump whatever on the sides is gone! Oddly she felt heavier last night too. Any ideas? Just hadn't gone to the bathroom? Thanks for any tips!

Does she appear normal now inevery way?

8 weeks is a very vulnerable age for a bunny due to tendency to have an unstable GI tract.

I have heard folks talk about seeingrippling motions on the sides of their adult rabbit which is actually peristalsis of the bowel, however,I have never heard anyone describe what you are describing
Just wondering how she is right now /

She seems fine, eating, sleeping like normal. Poop and pee looks normal too. Maybe i felt bone? Or she hadn't gone to the bathroom yet?

I'm confused because there are no typical GI symptoms like gurgling, soft poop, no poop, not eating, etc.

Latest posts

Back