Bunny Not Pooping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
Hello. I brought my bunny to the vets today because she was not pooping. They said she had Stasis. They give her IV and sent her home on critical care and pain meds and antibiotic and some stuff for gas. Has anyone gone through this and how long do they usually come back from this. She is an old lady. She is 9. Last night she ate some but tonight nothing.

It depends on how severe the GI stasis is and if there might be another underlying health issue causing it that hasn't been found yet. If it's a simple upset stomach, than usually that same day or the next they are fine. If it's more severe it can take several days to a week or two to completely clear up. If there is something else causing the stasis, it won't clear up until you and your vet have found the actual cause.

If your rabbit is not eating well on her own and you aren't already regularly feeding the critical care, you will want to be doing that. When I have a rabbit not eating with stasis, I feed critical care every 4 hours, until they start eating well on their own.

Latest posts

Back