bunny not pooping on holiday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emay75

Reaction score
hey all
have taken my bunny lemon on holiday with me (was necessary) and he has not pooped since we left the house about 26 hours ago and i’m getting worried
its probably just because he’s stressed and confused and hasn’t settled in yet because of the car ride then being in a new place but i’m getting worried
how can i get him to go toilet?
i’m at a bach and don’t have way access to a supermarket but we might be going to one soon are there any foods that will get his digestive track moving well again? i know it’s dangerous for him to not be going toilet but i can’t get to a vet either

If he's still eating, lots of his usual hay and his usual greens/veggies will help the most with keeping his digestive tract moving. Make sure he has easy access to water in a dish. If he's not eating much or not eating at all, I would tempt him with his favorite foods, I would even consider starting syringe feeding a pellet mush, or recovery food mix if you have it, if he won't start eating well on his own. Keep him somewhere in the new place where you think he will feel the most comfortable/relaxed, and spend a lot of time sitting with him to help him settle down and feel safe. Providing a hidey hole can sometimes help them feel a little safer(offer him his food in the hidey hole, water too). If he continues to not poop and possibly not eat or stops eating, you may have to find a vet soon.

I had a new doe who stopped eating/pooping due to being nervous in a new home. The thing that got her eating again was giving her a pinch of oats. It's not something I normally feed or recommend, but it was a treat she loved and used to get at her previous home, and did the trick in getting her to start eating on her own.

If he's still eating, lots of his usual hay and his usual greens/veggies will help the most with keeping his digestive tract moving. Make sure he has easy access to water in a dish. If he's not eating much or not eating at all, I would tempt him with his favorite foods, I would even consider starting syringe feeding a pellet mush, or recovery food mix if you have it, if he won't start eating well on his own. Keep him somewhere in the new place where you think he will feel the most comfortable/relaxed, and spend a lot of time sitting with him to help him settle down and feel safe. Providing a hidey hole can sometimes help them feel a little safer(offer him his food in the hidey hole, water too). If he continues to not poop and possibly not eat or stops eating, you may have to find a vet soon.

I had a new doe who stopped eating/pooping due to being nervous in a new home. The thing that got her eating again was giving her a pinch of oats. It's not something I normally feed or recommend, but it was a treat she loved and used to get at her previous home, and did the trick in getting her to start eating on her own.“=QUOTE]

i think last night he went out of his cage and ate some grass
because it’s a small cage he has to be in while we are here i’ve brought him inside to exercise as i do every night at home (even though at home his cage is large)
he hasn’t eaten any grain or veges but i’ll try oats as he sometimes gets them as a treat
should i just leave him in the cage full time until he goes toilet and settles in? maybe it’s not a good idea to get him used to being inside as well as in a whole new environment
we are on holiday for 25 days which means he has lots of time to settle im just worried about him not pooping yet

he’s a very skittish bunny and i don’t want to stress him out even more by having to syringe feed him water or pellet mush but if he continues on like this i will

not sure if anyone is following this thread but there’s good news- i gave lemon veges and a few fruits (half a strawberry and strawberry tops) last night and he ate most of them :D
hopefully he poops today as still nothing as of last night :(

not sure if anyone is following this thread but there’s good news- i gave lemon veges and a few fruits (half a strawberry and strawberry tops) last night and he ate most of them :D
hopefully he poops today as still nothing as of last night :(
and another update - he has pooped finally !! am so glad aha

That is wonderful! Make sure to watch the amount and appearance of the poop (and pee) to make sure it is normal for him.

Back