Bunny Neuter Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherMarie

Reaction score
How soon can you get a male neutered? FattyFace was born Dec. 27th so he's just about six months old, but he testicles haven't dropped yet. I want to be able to put him back in the big cage with Mama and Patchy but he's a...frisky...lil guy. I can tell he's lonely even though he's right beside them and can see them and smell them through the cage wires. Is it too early, do I have to wait for him to drop? Or can they do it now? (I hope so)

p.s. i'm about to move into a bigger apartment with a fenced in backyard so my babies will finally be able to go outside and play. all are so excited. lol, another reason i want him to be neutered soon, so that way they can all three play together instead of Mama and Patchy out first, and then fatface out all by his lonesome :(

I agree that you should have him checked by a vet. He might be a girl! My rabbit I had when I was little waas supposed to be a boy. When we had to give him to my friend when we moved they went to get him neutered and he was actaully a girl. Where did you get him. Alot of times petstores sell them to young to tell the gender or just have inexperinced staff that can't tell. Even breeders get genders wrong sometimes.

He was birthed right here at home. a suprise two weeks after i got widget (mama). i'm 99.99% sure he's a boy. i've pulled him off Patchy and seen his little manhood. thoroughly grossed me out. lol

Back