Bunny making weird noises

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeAndB44

Reaction score
Beatrice is making an odd grinding type noise and its coming from her mouth. Anybody know what this is?

we often call that "teeth purrs" in the bunny world.

just like a cat purr, it can mean either she is very happy and content at that moment, or that something is wrong and she is in pain or uncomfortable

Well at the moment she's in her play pen with lots of hay. She was just kind of exploring and purring so I guess she's happy.

thats what it sounds like.

winnie does teeth purr thing at night when she is all cuddled up and sleeping with me.

you get used to it, and i at least, really enjoy it.

Teeth grinding can also mean pain, but it's pretty obvious when it does - the bunny will sit pretty hunched up, looking off into space and appear uncomfortable. If she's moving around and checking things out, I imagine it falls into the "tooth purr" catagory. Some bunnies will only do this while being petted, but my bunny is known to do it when he's just sitting around being happy.

Has she been to see a vet? During a regular check up they'll look at her teeth and make sure there's nothing wrong that could cause tooth grinding.

Latest posts

Back