Bunny licks all the time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsBun

Reaction score
My 12 week old mini Rex licks us alllll the time. Like if he's near us and skin is exposed he's going to lick you, anywhere, for us long as he can lol. It's pretty cute and he's very friendly! But just starting to get curious if this is typical behavior? (Does he need a salt lick or something? Lol) I've had rabbits in the past but I don't remember them every licking and definitely not this much, but maybe they just weren't as sweet as this little guy.

He sounds super sweet! I don't see any issue with him licking y'all unless you just don't like it.

Him licking you is a sign of affection! He loooovvvesss you!

Trixie spent a good solid half hour yesterday licking my hand and my face. I told her to take a breather LOL. If I didn’t know any better, I would have thought she was trying to tell me that I need to take a shower. 😂

Cosmo is the same now. When we first got him from N Calif, he was on death-row as he was a biter and not very friendly. After a couple of months I persuaded him that that kind of behavior was not appreciated and he came around to wanting attention and is so much friendlier now.

My 12 week old mini Rex licks us alllll the time. Like if he's near us and skin is exposed he's going to lick you, anywhere, for us long as he can lol. It's pretty cute and he's very friendly! But just starting to get curious if this is typical behavior? (Does he need a salt lick or something? Lol) I've had rabbits in the past but I don't remember them every licking and definitely not this much, but maybe they just weren't as sweet as this little guy.
I had a bunny that would lick us alll the time we didn’t give a salt lick because they don’t need it. But he was so sweet unfortunately he was a sold bunny😢

You are then, my friend, adored, truly loved and trusted by your Rex! Does your mini Rex by chance also click their teeth when close to you, bump you with it's head demanding some cheek and neck scratches, or spin in circles at your feet? These are all classic signs of true affection from a rabbit to a human. My Bun baby girl does this all and I've only had her 10 days! (I am over the moon at how close we already are to eachother <3 ). Enjoy your bunny friend and knowing without a doubt, you are loved and also respected and trusted by him!:)

Last edited:
Back