Bunny Labor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ecresi

Reaction score
My 3 year old Mini lop Cho just began having her babies. She had two early this morning, and a few hours later she had a third. All three are alive and healthy looking, but She looks as if she might have more. Is this common? Having some and then a few hours having more? I've heard of it being a complication and no babies surviving, but the first three are doing fine.

No this is not her first litter. I believe its her 4th. She came to me already pregnant.

The kits are doing fine. I checked on them again. The mother is more relaxing a bit more but she gets a little agitated if you touch her tummy or try to move her. All she's done since given birth to the third baby was eat a bit, drink, and sleep which kinda leads me to think there may be more inside of her.

Ecresi wrote:
No this is not her first litter. I believe its her 4th. She came to me already pregnant.

The kits are doing fine. I checked on them again. The mother is more relaxing a bit more but she gets a little agitated if you touch her tummy or try to move her. All she's done since given birth to the third baby was eat a bit, drink, and sleep which kinda leads me to think there may be more inside of her.
That sort of behaviour suggests to me that she is finished giving birth. When one of my does had a kit she had trouble passing she sat in a corner and looked rather uncomfortable. I could also feel the retained kit inside her. Has she had any more since?

I have heard of babies being born up to a day after the first were born. It is strange but not terribly uncommon. Since she is not acting like Sabine mentioned, she is probably done giving birth, however if you don't think she's back to a normal activity level for her it may be a concern. Can you palpate her?

Mama and kits are doing fine. I guess the labor had ended. Passing the third may have been a little hard on her which is why she was so exhausted. I'm sorry I didn't get back to everyone earlier, I had to spend a few days in the hospital myself to get rid of an illness.

Latest posts

Back