bunny keeps comming up to me but wont let me pet him

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flagrl

Reaction score
my bunny keeps comming up to me when he is outside of his cage and he kinda licked my finger today and nudged me with his head but when i go to pet him he runs away. but i can pet him in his cage and he doesnt seem to mind so much. what can i do to get him to let me pet him or should i just continue to sit here till he is comfortable enough to let me pet him. i have only had him 2 days now

Give him time to get to know you. Rabbits aren't like cats or dogs and can take anywhere from minutes to months before they become comfortable with someone. I've heard of an instance where it took more than a year for a rabbit to finally allow his owner to pet him and one of my rabbits started grooming me the first day i got him. I think that's pretty rare though as most people have wonderful relationships with their buns, just takes a little time. But the lick and nudge is a good sign that he's getting comfortable with you already. Give him more time, sit in his play area with him, spend lots of time with him and he will eventually enjoy getting a little head rub.

ok thank you so much. i will just let him come to me. for his time out of his cage which i try to make several times a day i put him in an extra room with a litter box and sit down on the floor with him. yesterday he didnt even come up to me so we are making progress. :)

Latest posts

Back