Bunny is pooping special poop lots left over

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntloser

Reaction score
Hi,

Madison our 3-4 yo shelter bunny is leaving lots of extra special poop. She and Jasper have unlimited veggies *usually kale and Romain and I limit them to 1/2 cup of pellets every other day.

Also we leave lots of hay in the cage unlimited, for them to munch on.. She is potty trained but when there is hay around she loves to go on that.

What is going on?

Thanks

Hello!! :wave:

My buns do the same thing. So I put their hay in their litter boxes. Maybe you can put it in the litterbox or put the hay up off the floor..... April

Thanks.. I wasnt sure .. it is only Madison that does it..

Ohh but is it normal for her not to eat all the special poop? It seems there is a lot left over.

Hello!

Do you mean that Madison isn't eating all of her cecals? I'm sorry that I don't have any useful information, but I am curious about this subject, as my 10 year old bunny has been doing the same thing as Madison.

Maybe you could re-post this in the infirmary section of the forum so that you can receive really helpful information. :)

Kathy

If you haven't already, you might want to ask that question in the Infirmary or Health and Nutrition. I missed that. Sorry. :)...April

About keeping hay up.....I use left over TP rolls or paper towel rolls and then stuff then full of hay and stick them inbetween in the cage wire slats. Seems to help.

Also have used them to get the rabbit potty trained in the corner litter box that way. Hay on one side and a water bottle on the other....rabbit heaven!

Jerry

Thanks for the reminder! I used to do the toilet paper roll thing all the time, I don't know why I stopped, it was everybunny's favourite toy. I really have to start it up again.

sas :thanks:

Latest posts

Back