bunny inaurance

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj82

Reaction score
Hello,

I just wondered if you all insure your buns and also if you have lots do you insure them all? I just took a policy for bob from pet plan, I hope they are a good company!

I wish I could! Here in the US there isn't really insurance available for rabbits. But I know it's a pretty common thing in the UK for rabbit owners to get.

Doesn't look to be available in Australia, unfortunately - all the places I've found only cover cats and dogs, and one place also covered horses. :Australia: I'll just have to keep Felix wrapped up in a safety bubble. :p

It's great that you've got insurance for little Bobby/ie!

There IS one pet health insurance company in the US that insures rabbits (VPI)... however, they only provide the details of their cat/dog plans on their website - you have to call for info on their exotics plans. I never ended up calling, as I found out from talking to people (here on RO) that they can drop your pet's coverage whenever they want... meaning as soon as your pet starts racking up vet bills and you need the insurance most, they can potentially bail on you even after you've been paying their premiums for months or years without really using the insurance. I have no idea how likely that is, but just knowing it's a possibility was enough of a turn-off for me to decide I'm more comfortable paying out-of-pocket.

That's shocking! In the UK you can insure all PETA inc hamsters! I tool bunny insurance as my hamster that died recently cost us a fortune in vets bills!

Latest posts

Back