Bunny in the corner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzkitty

Reaction score
Momo usually comes up to see me when I'm near her cage.. and goes crazy hearing her bag of treats. Today she is in a corner and seems to have lost weight. She won't move from it. She ate her treat and she's fine with me touching her (as opposed to the time I believe she had stasis/indigestion). I felt her feet and she didn't flinch or show any signs of pain. She is 5 yrs old and has never shown any signs of old age. I put some of her pellets next to her for now.. not sure what else I can do.

I opened up her cage and she managed to get to her favorite spot next to my chair. She ate some cilantro and lettuce, slowly though. She's always been 100% on her litter habits and has peed on the floor for the first time. When she lays down she prefers to push her butt up against something. I brought her water in a bowl and she's been drinking a whole lot of water. She's eaten the veggies but haven't touched the pellets that I've seen.. and no poos either.

It sounds like she could be in stasis based on the quiet behavior and no poop, but whatever it is, clearly she is not feeling well.
I would call your vet and have her checked out. Until then, keep her warm and hydrated..but remember, we aren't vets here. If you are not sure what it is, have her checked out.

I stayed up all night with her and gave her fruit and food and whatever to make her comfortable. She finally made it to the litter box. She's back to her normal self and just having some soft poo accidents.. probably because she wouldn't eat her pellets yesterday. Thanks for the replies =) Still going to keep an eye on her.

I'm glad she is feeling better, but you should talk to your vet about having pain meds on hand, and also buy some over the countersimethicone for situations like this.
My vet made sure I had a whole stasis kit on hand in case something came up after office hours.

Latest posts

Back