Bunny in East Tennessee looking for a home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callaway

Reaction score
Hello friends! As you know we rescued an abandoned rabbit last week. We are unable to keep her permanently. We are looking for someone to give her a wonderful forever home. She was a free range rabbit at her previous home and was pretty much left to fend for herself. Even with this, she is an extremely friendly bun. She comes when she sees you and gets excited. She is black and chocolate brown (possibly sun faded). We believe she is a New Zealand or possibly a mix with a New Zealand. I am almost positive she is a female but it isn't known for certain. I also do not know how old she is or if she is spayed. We introduced her to our house bun and she seemed to not mind him. She enjoys kale and rolling in her hay. She also loves to lay on top of things like boxes. Will you give her a forever home? Please send an email at [email protected]. We are located in Rockwood and will do bunny dates if necessary. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1380564479.628216.jpg

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1380564293.233840.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Darn! Wish you were in west Tennessee!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Ahhhhh! Lol. Well if you know any one in the East TN area, send them our way!

Contact clover patch sanctuary. They have a Facebook page. They are located in Nashville, but are a great rescue and a lot of people from outside of Tennessee even adopt from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Oh I'm so nervous. Hubby found a home for bunny via the TVA classifieds. So I told him he needs to get a rehoming fee and we need to make sure they have a home for her. So he did that and it's fine. She had a vet appointment scheduled for Tuesday. Hubby made them aware she hasn't gone to the vet yet so she hasn't had a wellness check. The guy said he would take it to their vet when they got her.

So I guess when I get home ill type up a bunny care sheet. Should I also wrote up something for them to sign stating about the vet as well as if anything should happen or their situation change and not keep her, they would call us?

I'm just so nervous because I constantly read about bunnies and animals going to bad homes and I don't want to be responsible if that happens. :( I also want to keep her :( maybe that's why I'm feeling like this. I mean I don't think a nuclear physicist is going to give an animal a bad home.

It seems like you should chat with these people yourself, for your own peace of mind if nothing else. I bet you'd feel a lot better after talking to them and confirming they're nice, responsible people.

I agree with Emma, if possible you need to talk with them. Along with the care sheet be sure to put the web address for Rabbits Online for a place to come to learn more & chat with other bunny people as well as another way for you to keep in touch & see how she is doing. Sorry you couldn't keep her, I know how you feel. Bunny hugs & best wishes to you & bunny going to a new home. Hope she has a wonderful new home waiting for her.

I would make them wait till after she sees the vet to take her. I'd make the vet fee her rehoming fee. If they really want her, they'll wait the extra few days. If they don't, well then they weren't the right family for her.

JMVHO

Rue

Back