Bunny house remodel

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaK

Reaction score
I'm thinking of remodeling the bunny house.
I'd like to primarily use an x-pen which is part of their current cage. But, I need to figure out a floor. Their cage is on a wood floor, which poses two problems:
1. I'd like to have a little protection from their antics, since we rent this house.
2. They get no traction on the floor.

So, what do you use in your cage?

I used to use plywood covered with a tablecloth and a blanket with the xpen over it. Now I use plastic sheeting over the wood floor with an old blanket over that along with some extra padding. The wood floor doesn't have a scratch!

Lia's idea sounds good. My rabbits live in a NIC cage with coroplast as the base. On their shelves they have fleece. Maybe you could get a shower curtain as the base and then cover it with an old carpet or rug?

I found a shower curtain liner too easy for them to rip up... a cheap waterproof tarp from walmart works wonders, though - I have my entire living room fenced in with playpens and use a big tarp underneath it all as their flooring (nothing on top of the tarp). makes it easy to clean and keeps my carpet safe.

I got the coroplast from Home Depot. I found it near the plexyglass there. I would not waist your breath asking anybody there about it though. None of them have ever herd of it. You can also get it at sign stores, though they will majorly overcharge you.

I use a rubber horse mat (very heavy) for the ground floor and coroplast for the top. The rubber mat is a little tricky to clean due to smeared cecals but my rabbit likes it (no slip and cool) and it hasn't been that bad but I'd probably only use it again If I lived in a house with a yard where I could power wash it occasionally. I'm a huge fan of the coroplast though, and again my rabbit seems to be all right with that, though he doesn't like it as much as the mat.

Latest posts

Back