Bunny holds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
I noticed when I got Ebony how different Ivoryand Ebony are. the main difference ive noticed between them are the waythey like to be held. Ivory can only be held one way, since he's somassive. he sits on my arm with his head nuzzled into my elbow. Ebony,however, will bite me when i try to hold him that way. He likes to beheld on my shoulder, with no constraint. He will prolly not object tobeing held any way as long as he's not feeling like he's beingconstrained or held back. if he has the freedom to move slightly, he'sfine.

has anyone noticed this with their bunnies? or differences betweenmultiple bunnies? i just find it very interesting the preferences ofthe bunnies to being held.

Wrigley doesn't like being held at all, but if Ido hold him he is more like Ebony...he doesn't like feeling like hecan't move. He likes it better when his feet aren'tsupported. I always read that it is best to hold them closeto you and support there feet. I think Wrigley feels trappedwhen he is held like that.

Flopsy likes being held in the crook of my arm like Ivory, she also loves being held lying on her back like a baby.

Tarragon is definitely a shoulder rabbit as you can probably tell frommy avatar, but he's a rabbit that just likes to be as high as possiblewherever he is. He fights like mad if he's not in that position.

My new lop boy doesn't have any preference, he's so soppy he'll be cuddled whichever way he's put.

The other three just don't like being held full stop, though at timeswhen I have toBunberry's easier with the shoulder option andhis sisters with lying along my crooked arm.

I do find it interesting how something that works so well for one doesn't at all for another.

Kate

My rabbits develop new arms and legs when itcomes to being held. Chompers especially, he really hates it. Abbytolerates it the best.

I don't force them into it. When Abby was a baby I tried "training" herto like to be held. It ended up being detrimental to my relationshipwith her, as she would run away from me when she saw me. I promptlystopped trying to train her and instead accepted that not all rabbitslike being held.

Still...they're soooo soft and I really wish they liked to cuddle.

Nepo is a shoulder bunny. Hedoesn't like being held by me, maybe because I can't find a comfortableway to hold him :(. But he does like being held by my dad and mybrother.

I think it's really cute when he begs to be held when he's scared. Of course I hold him :).

Bo loves to be held if he's not in the mood torun and play. Usually that's early morning or earlyevening. If we let him run a bit then he'll eventually end upin my lap or next to me for cuddles too.

Bo wants to be on my right shoulder and chest. He gets tolook out over and see what is going on around us. lol.

If he's especially comfy he will stretch completely out on me and fall asleep :)

I recommend straightjackets.:X:X:X

well, at least for certain....aggravating...kicking....squirming....heavy...large...orange...BUBS!!!:X:X

Rose

Elf likes to be tranced--on her back like a babyin the crook of my arm. She also likes her bum supported, with herfront feet on my shoulder and a gentle hand on her back. When I'msitting down, she likes to sit on my stomach, facing my head so I canpet her and get orange fur all over my clothing.

i used to hold Missey like a baby.. she lovedthat i was the only one who could hold her like that... with Cinn.. ihold her like on my shoulder too.. like im getting ready to burp a baby(but i dont act. try too! LOL)

Forgot to mention, all my buns can be tranced,even Bub. ButI can't actually carry them that way, becausethey wake up and start kicking every time I start walking.:D

Rose

Snowy is the only bun of mine who actually willtolerate being picked up. I find the best position for holding him ishim lying over my bump with his head on my chest, whileIstroke his head and ears. It's lovely, quite therapeutic actually :D.

Vickie

Yes, most of ours have(had)preferences. Facing left, right. Cradled in thearms, lying on top of the arm, head in crook of elbow, head held high,etc. They's all individual's.

Ernestine is not prone to being held at all. I "force" theissue and she'll stand for it for a while. Occasionally, Iget a chomp on my thumb or a scratchy-scratchy, let me down, hissyfit. That's when I figure it is time to put herdown.

It usually occurs while watching TV. I'm beginning to thinkshe doesn't like that particular TV(sounds? electrical energy?etc?) forshe sits with me longer in front of our small TV or without a TV.

All these imponderables, attempting to explain the whys and wherefores of bunny behaviors.

Buck

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Bo wants to be on my right shoulder and chest. He gets tolook out over and see what is going on around us. lol.

If he's especially comfy he will stretch completely out on me and fall asleep :)
Nepo only likes to be held on my leftshoulder if not he'll squirm. Aww I wish Nepo would sleep onme :).

Latest posts

Back