bunny health concern???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleboo

Reaction score
my next door neighbour has 2 bunnies which ihelp her with when shes away on holiday as she does the same with my 3buns. anyway she told me that her male accidently got into her femalesrun and they were together for about half hour before being spotted.the female is pregnant as this happened around 2 1/2 weeks ago and shesaid she had her at the vets to check if she is. so...my concern isthat the female is nearly 2 years old and this will be her firstlitter. should this be a problem to her? im going to be very involvedin this pregnancy/birth as im looking after them at the time shes readyto kindle (neighbour away on holls).

any replies appreciated, thanks x

She shouldn't have any age related problems withkindling. Usually the first concern with a doe of that age,is getting the breeding to "take"! Well, she got pastthat! Make sure she has a clean dry nest box with strawbedding 3 days before she is due. (If she starts "pullingfur" earlier, I'd give her the box earlier.) She should takeit from there. Good luck with her! Let us know howshe does!

There shouldnt be any problems, unless the buckis a lot larger then the doe, you may have to watch her. Oneof Mini Lops, was "bred" to a buck at a fair, when I went home for thenight. It was an overnight show. The doe was two injune. She and her two babies are doing great, they are abouta week and 1/2 now. The only problem I had with her was athird kit, passed throught her a few hours after the two that survived.The third was a giant and I was happy it passed.

Latest posts

Back