Bunny has a bit nose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rescue Momma

Reaction score
I put my bunies out it the runs yesterday. All 7 of them (in seperate runs)

Well my mean adolescent male happened to sort of dig under the run so he could get to my other male. Long story short my other male got bit on the nose. It is all purple and swollen but it did not break the skin. I put triple antibiotic ointment on it and it looked a little yucky this morning. I was going to take him to the vet this afternoon but the hubby says he has checked on him twice and he is cleaning it and the swelling has gone down a little. Is there anything I special I should do for him? I felt so horrible for him last night he really wasn't happy. He was on top of his little house and his ears were down. He is such a sweetie and it killed me to see him hurt.

The other male is just mean and hates other males. He somehow got ahold of my mini rex a long time ago and bit half of his nostril off. :(It has a small piece hanging on but it is all healed.

Males tend to hate other males especially if they havent been desexed.

I would at least call the vet and see what they say. Is the ointment you used for rabbits? if not it can be quite dangerous.

I can imagine he is not happy, I wouldnt be if someone bit my nose! lol

I would take him to the vet or at least call them, and if they say to take him in, then take him. Better safe than sorry, there could be more damage or infection that you may think as bunnies are very good at hiding that they are sick.

Hope this helps :)

Also I would keep them well separated when they are in their runs if you can, id he attacks the other one once, he will most probably do it again. and find a way to stop him digging out :)

I have friend who works for my vet and I plan on taking him in as the bite has opened up.
He is eating and drinking fine just doesn't look pretty. :(
I had a tarp up between the runs and thought that they were seperated. :( But the terror apparently could see Greasy from the corner. I got a bunch of boards from Lowe's yesterday and am going to put them all aroumd the bottom of the runs hopefully to stop him. He is just mot a nice bunny sometimes.
He bit me last week when I wasn't paying attention when feeding him. I know better but had my guard down and stuck my arm in without pinning him to the bottom of the cage with my other hand first. He is going to the the first to get nuetered!!!!!!!:thumbup

Latest posts

Back