Bunny friends!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fribble2110

Reaction score
Ok! So i wont be able to get my male fixed for a few months :/ I feel awful. I want to get my little girl a friend. She isnt shy and loves to play and wants to play to Fribble but for obvious reasons cant :(... Now im just toying with this idea in my head. What would be better for her, a neutered male, or another female? There is a few rescue groups in my area and i have been looking online. Any advice?

no experience with multiple bunnies, but i would probably get a fixed male. from what I've heard, 2 fixed girls usually will fight. and i would think that having a girl and a fixed male would be better cuz they can looooooove each other and she can't end up pregnant and he can't spray. she can have a man and the fixed male can have a laaaaddyyyyy :) lol that's my opinion. i would so want a fixed pair of girl + boy bunnies so they can love each other and i wouldn't have to worry about the girl getting pregnant or they boy spraying

Yeah thats what i have been reading on! I just feel bad for my little boy :( That just means this winter ill have to get him a little girlfriend!! :) Aww more bunnies!! :)

i have looked into the rescues aroung me... unforunetly, she has a hutch she stays in during the day when its nice outside which she LOVES but comes in at night... and so far i have read that all bunnies must be indoor bunnies so im hoping they will not think that he will be outside 24/7. :/ we will see! I emailed a few of them! I just hope the boyfriend she picks is a cutie!! :) Seeing in how this will be for her she gets to pick :)

If she is interested in Fribbles, I would just hold off on getting a new friend and wait to have him neutered. Once he is neutered, then you can work at bonding them. Like you said, she's playing and everything and even though she can't be in direct contact, she seems to like him so that would be just fine even if it takes a few months longer than you thought. :)

She is and he is in love wit her!! She will hope around his cage when he in there and she will just lay right next to it and he will try and smell her and love on her, but i just feel awful making her wait to have a friend, but ithink i just might because this process to adopt will take forever by the time i can bring one home fribble will be fixed.. We will see what the next few weeks holds!

It's also the fact that bunnies are really selective about their friends. They don't just make friends with everybun. So when you have clear signs of buns really liking each other, it usually makes for a very strongly bonded pair, and that's the best you can ask for! :biggrin2:It's like with humans... You get the people that completely avoid each other, the ones that become total enemies, the ones thattolerate each other, the ones that become friends, and then you have those that just fall in love. I wouldn't be surprised to find your pair being the 'in love' kind. ;)

Latest posts

Back