Bunny foster mom in PA- hi!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm happy to find a forum for buns. We don't have any permanent bunnies but we've got fosters! Because I'm relatively new to rabbits, I've still got a lot to learn. I will mostly be lurking but I'm sure I'll find lots of information here, and perhaps post some adoptables in the Rescue Me section! Currently we have four bunnies in our care:

Wyatt (Earp)- blue male lionhead
(Buffalo) Bill- chestnut agouti male lionhead
Sundance- supposed to be an American Sable female, but her color is very strange to me
Thumper- castor mini rex male

We also have a rat, two cats, two dogs, some pigeons and doves available for adoption.

All the buns are not on our website currently- that should change by the weekend but I will be traveling Thurs and Friday.

About me: 26 yo, live in SW PA with my husband, cats, dogs, guinea pigs, a handful of adoptable birds and the foster bunnies. I've managed two shelters (open door and no kill), worked at a vet clinic, a grooming shop and boarding kennel. I've volunteered with many groups but always had a hard time with politics and so I founded my own organization 4 yrs ago.

About my rescue: Founded, funded, set up and operated just about entirely by yours truly. STAR is a 501(c)(3) group that rescues animals of all shapes and sizes. Most of the animals get fostered at my home though we do have a couple other foster homes that help with some kinds of animals. We operate primarily in SW and Central PA but we've got adopters in many different states. All of our animals from rats to dogs and beyond (nearly had a potbelly pig last week) are spayed and neutered if possible, vetted completely, and placed in screened homes once an application, references, and home visit are completed. I'm a sucker for special needs cases and seniors so we usually have animals with us for a while.

WELCOME!! I am from PA also , SE Pa. It is great what you are doing. We love to see pics when you get time

Welcome, feel free to look around this pplace is filled with tons of information!!!!!!!!

StarfishSaving wrote:

Are you kidding me??? I have a blue lionhead mix called....Wyatt Earp!!!

JadeIcing wrote:
StarfishSaving wrote:

:O

Well, because the breeder person who surrendered him said he was a doe, Wyatt was named "Calamity Jane" until we checked him out. I loved that name and am bummed it didn't work out, but I loved the name Wyatt Earp, too!

And I'm pleased to say that Wyatt and Buffalo Bill have been adopted :) Of course, since they're lionheads. We still have the sable and mini rex.

Hehe I named Wyatt because he looked like a roughed up gunslinger. :biggrin2:Glad he was adopted!

StarfishSaving wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
StarfishSaving wrote:

:O

Well, because the breeder person who surrendered him said he was a doe, Wyatt was named "Calamity Jane" until we checked him out. I loved that name and am bummed it didn't work out, but I loved the name Wyatt Earp, too!

And I'm pleased to say that Wyatt and Buffalo Bill have been adopted :) Of course, since they're lionheads. We still have the sable and mini rex.

Latest posts

Back