Bunny flooring recommendations

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I’m new to the forum and I’m hoping you experts can help me, I have a mini lop rabbit harlequin called Louie and he’s 4 months old he has a large 4x2 c&c cage which has 2 levels, on the second level he had carpet to cover the grids but recently he’s been scratching it, he’s not eating it but I started to stress about him injecting it, so I’ve removed it and put cardboard on the level instead but he’s not keen please could anybody advise on what else I could you as I’m stressing about it, I’ve google relentlessly but thought I would achieve a better outcome on here, I’m grateful for any recommendations, thank you for reading

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 818CBE9A-74FA-4EC6-96CB-74F8D490B77D.jpeg
    818CBE9A-74FA-4EC6-96CB-74F8D490B77D.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 14
I would use puzzle mats. Some rabbits will chew them, but others won't so you will just have to try them and see. You could also try a cotton woven rug or a fleece blanket.

I'd suggest using some binder clips to wrap some fleece on top of the cardboard. It can clip over both the cardboard and the grid.

Also, I'd suggest removing the ramp altogether. It just takes up space. Bunny can easily hop up to the 2nd level.

Can't tell in the photo if you've used zip ties in addition to those white connectors. Those connectors are notorious for popping off. Don't trust them to hold the cage together. Use sturdy zip ties to hold things together.

Latest posts

Back