bunny faceplant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imbrium

Jennifer
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to take the bunns outside, but I want to set up the pens and stuff first so they don't have to sit in the carrier for a few minutes. I was passing through their room and realized they were both out of the condo (makes it SO much easier to get them in the carrier when they're in their run!).

not wanting to lose that convenient opportunity and have to fish them out of the condo in a few minutes, I un-clipped the doors to the condo and closed them. ten seconds after sitting there and WATCHING me close the second story condo door, Nala runs up and jumps face-first into a NIC grid! sadly, this isn't the first (or fifth) time she and/or Gaz have done that after I've locked them out of the condo for whatever reason. at least one of them does it EVERY time.

Bunny protective services here we've had reports that you're abusing your girls. Hand them over and i'll love them and won't make them faceplant. :cop:

No but seriously, poor Nala lol. They're such klutzes :p

when I saw it happen, I burst out laughing and then apologized to her for laughing, lol. I mean, poor bunny and all... but it's still hilarious.

after she bounced back off the door, she kinda shook her head and then gave me that "it never happened/you didn't see anything" look that cats tend to give right after they've made a fool of themselves with an audience.

I used to have a cat that we started to wonder if he could see because he would get so excited running around he would go full speed into the wall, missing the hall opening. He could jump and balance on top of open doors though, so we decided it was just being overly enthusiastic.

I have had the buns fall off of chairs or the bed and give the same look. They hate it when you laugh at them, but sometimes it can't be helped.

POOR NALA!!!!

eh, she was over it in a couple seconds... and had a blast outside and forgot all about it, lol. as funny as the face plants are, I'm thinking I'll zip-tie a little square of fleece to the panel that's normally open so it's more obvious to the bunns that something has changed if I have the door shut.

That sounds like a good idea.

You should put some cardboard on it instead, hehe. :)
I just did this with Buster because he kept biting on his door, so I used one of those flat pieces from the bottom of water bottle cases and it's almost destroyed in 2 days. So impressed by his chewing capabilities!

That's so funny though... poor bun. :p

I took a square of spare fleece and used four binder clips to attach it to the outside of the door panel... had to lock the little punks out today 'cause someone peed on the third floor and then I found someone had also peed over the side of the box and it had gone between the vinyl runner and the coroplast. they kept standing up and inspecting the door to see if they could find a way to open it, but for once no one jumped face-first into the grid :D

Melody will run into his door every once in a while. Its funny but I always feel bad fro him too. He will be running around and all of a sudden he will do a binky and smack his face right against the edge of the open door.

Latest posts

Back