Bunny escaped

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilko

Reaction score
So my bunny has escaped the back yard. There is a gap in between the ground and the fence in the corner of the yard which I tried to restrict by blocking that portion of the back yard with a play pen fence, but he has managed to bypass it. There was a slight gap in between the play pen fence and the ground which I blocked of with pots. So I do not think he could have gone out that way. So I think he must have somehow jumped over.

I tried looking for him to no avail. The back yard fence is along a walking trail and a big grassland area, so its a big space. I am wondering whats the likelihood of him coming back his own way? Bear in mind this happened at my friends home who he has been temporarily staying with as of yesterday.

Anytime a rabbit moves to a new location, it can be quite stressful. I wish I could say he would return, but the yard was a new place and it doesn't seem likely he will return to a place he does not consider 'home.'

It would have been best to keep him confined to a sturdy cage while he was being watched for a short time. He probably would have felt safer in the confines of a cage as well. Even if it was going to be for a number of days, he would be ok without his usual exercise.

Food isn't likely to entice him back if he has all the grass he wants. Your best bet is to keep looking and post signs for lost rabbit.

Sorry!

My bunny came back! !!!! He is a smart little thing. So relieved.

Thanks Thanks guys. I Didn't take my eyes of him today or let him outside
:p

Latest posts

Back